Relating to or affected by tides: the river here is not tidal strong tidal currents
More example sentences
- Because of its location east of the Isle of Wight, tidal currents make diving tricky.
- However, when the tide slows and changes direction, the tidal currents again enter the bay and push the eddy out to sea.
- The movement of water associated with tides can also result in the formation of tidal currents.
- More example sentences
- The Louisiana salt marsh is tidally flooded, and salinity ranges from 0 to 28 ppt.
- Finally, there is one exceptional species of fish that lives in freshwater, but spawns tidally in estuaries.
- Are tidally influenced marsh lakes or ponds surrounded by private property, but accessible via natural waterways, open to public use?
Definition of tidal in:
- The US English dictionary