Definition of tidal in English:
Relating to or affected by tides: the river here is not tidal strong tidal currents
More example sentences
- Because of its location east of the Isle of Wight, tidal currents make diving tricky.
- However, when the tide slows and changes direction, the tidal currents again enter the bay and push the eddy out to sea.
- The movement of water associated with tides can also result in the formation of tidal currents.
- tidally adverb
- Example sentences
- The Louisiana salt marsh is tidally flooded, and salinity ranges from 0 to 28 ppt.
- Finally, there is one exceptional species of fish that lives in freshwater, but spawns tidally in estuaries.
- Are tidally influenced marsh lakes or ponds surrounded by private property, but accessible via natural waterways, open to public use?
Words that rhyme with tidalbridal, bridle, fratricidal, genocidal, germicidal, homicidal, idle, idol, infanticidal, insecticidal, intertidal, matricidal, parricidal, patricidal, pesticidal, regicidal, sidle, suicidal, tyrannicidal, uxoricidal
Definition of tidal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.