- An area of rough water typically caused by opposing tides or by a rapid current passing over an uneven bottom: a ring of tide ripsMore example sentences
- A few seal heads bobbing in the tide rips or near shore can indicate the presence of schooling coho.
- The conditions do not have to be at the same time - a wind one day, a tide rip or surf another day.
- We live on Whidbey Island and have towed her through some huge tide rips and have never had a problem.
More definitions of tide ripDefinition of tide rip in:
- The US English dictionary