- A decorative strip of fabric or cord, typically used for holding an open curtain back from the window.More example sentences
- The tasseled cord tie-backs give the indulgent fabric a monkish touch.
- I haven't witnessed as much fussing with curtain tie-backs since I last tuned into Changing Rooms.
- However, it's increasingly common to see decorative drapery rods, poles, finials, tie-backs, brackets and accent pieces as the focal point of the window - and, indeed in some cases, of the entire room.
More definitions of tie-backDefinition of tie-back in:
- The US English dictionary