- Any of a number of aggressive predatory fish, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a large African characin, popular with anglers (Hydrocynus vittatus, family Characidae). ● an edible fish of the Indo-Pacific (Therapon jarbua, family Theraponidae).
- Expeditions in pursuit of Atlantic blue marlin, Indian mahseer, tiger fish, Pacific salmon were the norm and what fantastic prize trips they were.
- Fishing competitions for the country's most voracious predator, the tiger fish, are often held around this time of the year.
- That night I caught three big tiger fish.