noun[mass noun] North American
- The timber of an American maple which contains contrasting light and dark lines.More example sentences
- In maple this is termed tiger maple, or fiddleback, because it is preferred for violin backs.
- A piece could be given an even more costly appearance by using colored tiger maple.
- The Sheraton tall-post canopy bed in the guest room is made of tiger maple and dates to about 1805.
More definitions of tiger mapleDefinition of tiger maple in:
- The US English dictionary