- A strict or demanding mother who pushes her children to high levels of achievement, using methods regarded as typical of childrearing in China and other parts of East Asia: because of the number of classes her daughter attends, Lee says some people will think she’s a tiger motherMore example sentences
- She was a tiger mother, who wanted us to succeed, and she was proud that we all graduated from college.
- Would we be better off if every mom was a Tiger Mother?
- My own husband was raised by a self-proclaimed Tiger Mother who is a Polish immigrant.
coined by Amy Chua in the book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother (2011).
More definitions of tiger motherDefinition of tiger mother in:
- The US English dictionary