(also tiger shrimp)
- A large edible prawn marked with dark bands, found in the Indian and Pacific oceans.
More example sentences
- Genus Penaeus, class Malacostraca: several species, in particular the widely farmed P. monodon
- The shop also has a wide range of seafood including tiger prawns, mussels, sea bream and breaded crab claws.
- I started with mussels, tiger prawns and scallops in a light fish broth flavoured with Chinese spices.
- Although we use langoustines in our restaurant, meaty fresh tiger prawns are a good substitute.