- 1A person who spends as little money as possible; a miser: he’s a notorious tight-arse and is always very hesitant about coughing up for anything when it comes to money, I’m a tight-ass who is at pains to avoid looking like oneMore example sentences
- We all know about your obsession with expenses and particularly how to avoid them, you tight-ass.
- This is a place that I guess you could best describe as somewhere you'd stay if you're a tight-arse but not if you want somewhere, well, nice.
- My friend went on a first date with this tight-arse bloke and he insisted on her buying all the drinks.
- 2An inhibited, repressed, or excessively conventional person: you are the most buttoned-up tight-arse that I have ever met a well-worn Hollywood theme—repressed tight-ass reformed by intrusion of uncouth slobMore example sentences
- You need to get a sense of humour and stop being a tight-arse!
- Some people are total tight-asses with no sense of humor whatsoever.
- I realize that calling people out for not using the serial comma is probably an easier way of communicating clearly that you're a boring, stuffy tight-ass with a surfeit of free time.
More definitions of tight-arseDefinition of tight-arse in:
- The US English dictionary