noun[mass noun] Finance
- Money or finance that is available only at high rates of interest.More example sentences
- Second, most Russians believe that tight money (low inflation, high interest rates) has not worked during the last four years.
- He argued against such policies as central bank autonomy, tight money, fiscal austerity, and social retrenchment.
- The phrase ‘solid monetary and fiscal policies’ referred to tight money and federal budget balancing - measures that have long been showered with media praise.
More definitions of tight moneyDefinition of tight money in:
- The US English dictionary