(also a pair of tights)
Definition of tights in English:
1A woman’s close-fitting garment made of nylon or other knitted yarn, covering the legs, hips, and bottom: a pair of black tights
More example sentences
- When you're stumped for style, nothing beats the black opaque tights that rule at Helmut Lang.
- Lucie wore a black velvet pinafore, black tights and a dark purple jacket and she clung to her father's hand throughout the entire ceremony.
- The look is also about layering; try cropped tights worn under a mini skirt or a voluminous long top over jeans.
1.1A garment resembling a pair of tights worn by a dancer or acrobat.
- Whether in tights or bare-legged, a dancer expects his body to be scrutinized.
- There are some male dancers for whom tights, you feel, are a perk of the job.
- The ballet opens with a short solo for Nikolaj Hübbe, clothed in a white shirt and tights.
Definition of tights in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia