- A piece of cloth worn as a turban headdress by Creole women from Louisiana.More example sentences
- The woman wore a tignon of brightly colored madras cotton and a dark kersey shawl over a long dress of coarse linen.
- These women fought the new restriction by wearing elaborately designed and brilliantly colored tignons.
- In response, Creole women used their sense of style to devise elaborate tignons or head wraps, which emphasized their attractiveness.
Louisana French, from French tigne, dialect variant of teigne 'moth'.
More definitions of tignonDefinition of tignon in:
- The US English dictionary