Definition of tiling in English:
1A surface covered by tiles: an area of plain tiling
More example sentences
- Both the bathroom and en suite have ceramic floor tiling and full-height wall tiling.
- Apart from coloured grouting to brighten up old tiling, you can also tile over old tiles, as long as they are firmly stuck on.
- Mind you, I was projecting onto acoustic tiling, which isn't an ideal surface.
2 Mathematics A way of arranging identical plane shapes so that they completely cover an area without overlapping.
- We can go ahead and bend the octagon into three dimensions to get an idea of the topology generated by this tiling of the hyperbolic plane.
- It shows a portion of a diamond-based Penrose tiling of the plane.
- This is a representation of a pentagonal tiling of the hyperbolic plane in which four pentagons meet at each vertex.
Definition of tiling in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia