noun[mass noun] Geology
- Sedimentary rock composed of compacted glacial till.More example sentences
- He warned that not all poorly sorted rocks were true glacial tillites and thus were unreliable indicators of past climate and continental positioning.
- One of the classical Late Pre-Cambrian tillites is the Bigganjargga tillite of northern Norway.
- Both the tillite and the rock surface are demonstrably Pre-Cambrian.
More definitions of tilliteDefinition of tillite in:
- The US English dictionary