(In science fiction) travel through time into the past or the future.
- And it is science fiction about time travel, so you need to keep your wits about you.
- The chronological differences between past and present in time travel are marked.
- Since we have never seen a tourist from the future, time travel must be impossible.
time traveller noun
- Example sentences
- At the end of that book the time traveller returns to the future and the anonymous narrator is left to write the story.
- A Victorian time traveller would recognise the schools more than any other institution in this age.
- There's 1,000 years of history here and the volunteer park ranger becomes a time traveller when she escorts groups around the park.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: time travel
Definition of time travel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.