Definition of timeless in English:
Not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion: antiques add to the timeless atmosphere of the dining room
More example sentences
- These classic pieces are often timeless, never seem to go out of fashion and are easily adapted to the style of the season.
- The movie went on to become a timeless classic, popular around the world.
- This truly timeless Canadian classic is a piece of film to be seen again and again.
lasting, classic, enduring, ageless, permanent, perpetual, perennial, abiding, unfailing, unchanging, never-changing, changeless, unvarying, unfading, invariable, unending, without end, ceaseless, never dying, undying, deathless, immortal, eternal, everlasting, immutable, indestructible, imperishable
- [as submodifier]: a timelessly beautiful womanMore example sentences
- Those who travel inland will find a tranquil green countryside to explore, prevalent with almond, fig, orange and pine trees, where little villages stand timelessly in the sun.
- John Rodgers and Aaron Cox worked timelessly at midfield.
- His sculptures may be made out of old cookers and washing machines, buckled wheels and rusty chains, but they communicate timelessly.
- Example sentences
- Their fantastical nature also gives them timelessness.
- That alone explains this painting's timelessness.
- Its sense of movement and timelessness were also winning factors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India