Definition of timely in English:
adjective (timelier, timeliest)
Done or occurring at a favourable or useful time; opportune: a timely warning
More example sentences
- He hails from a middle class family and the sponsorship is very useful and timely.
- Overall, this is a timely and useful review of a topic that has assumed major importance in health care.
- She hopes it will serve as a timely warning because Scotland has an ageing population.
- Example sentences
- Outcomes in acute coronary syndromes are influenced by the speed and accuracy of diagnosis and the timeliness of appropriate therapy.
- Most of the cost involves labor availability and the timeliness of crop production practices.
- The ability to do this effectively relied on the timeliness of the requests.
Words that rhyme with timelyidly • kindly • wifely • likely
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan