- 1An automatic mechanism for activating a device at a preset time: a video timerMore example sentences
- Some of these models also provide a greater number of programs, automatic shut-off timers and mechanisms that keep noise to a minimum.
- The valve-on state can be activated from a remote robotic device when the automatic timer on the unit is off.
- I refer to those who pre-tear toilet tissue to avoid work on Shabbat, but set automatic timers on the TV to turn on the college football games.
- 1.1A person or device that measures or records the amount of time taken by a process or activity: the challenge is to play the game with the timerMore example sentences
- There was also a countdown timer to measure elapsed time for each question.
- He has seven lined up in a row, with an electronic timer on each to record how many solid punches can be landed in two minutes.
- Then, still using your timer, record how long it takes for the star to realign with the stick from one night to the next.
More definitions of timerDefinition of timer in:
- The US English dictionary