verb (timeses, timesing, timesed)[with object] • informal
- Multiply (a number): you times the six by four to get twenty-fourMore example sentences
- It was like the worst thunder storm in the world timesed by fifty!
- Perhaps those candidates who couldn't do timesing and taking away were part of the 1% who failed.
- Then I took the 36 grams of carbohydrates and timesed that by the number of carbohydrates and I got 144.
late 20th century: use as a verb of times expressing multiplication (dating from late Middle English): see time ( sense 5 of the noun).
More definitions of timesDefinition of times in:
- The US English dictionary