noun[mass noun] Medicine
A synthetic compound which acts as a beta blocker and is used to treat hypertension, migraine, and glaucoma.
- Chemical formula: C13H24N4O3
More example sentences
- The beta-blocker medication timolol may have significant cardiac side effects, including bradycardia and heart failure.
- The beta blockers, including propranolol, nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are effective but may cause fatigue, sleep disorders, and decreased exercise tolerance.
- One researcher found topical use of the betablocker, timolol, did not work as well in the evening.
1970s: from tim- (of unknown origin) + (propran)olol.
Definition of timolol in:
- The US English dictionary