1A person, especially a minor official, who is pompous and self-important: all government officials become little tin gods
More example sentences
- The opposition Liberals accused him of acting like a ‘tin god,’ and the New Democrats called for the abolishment of censorship entirely.
- Is it that the power felt by such a person when standing before people who treat him as a tin god results in a loss of sanity?
- The time is also long overdue to re-examine lifetime appointments of judges, which allows them to act like little tin gods, at the expense of our freedom and the country's elected government.
1.1An object of unjustified veneration or respect.
- These are always good questions, but they may be especially powerful when the tin god of Net Worth is looking particularly hollow.
- The final nail in its coffin was the company's absurd decision to kowtow to the tin god of its licensing agreements.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tin god
Definition of tin god in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.