- 1A person, especially a minor official, who is pompous and self-important: all government officials become little tin godsMore example sentences
- The opposition Liberals accused him of acting like a ‘tin god,’ and the New Democrats called for the abolishment of censorship entirely.
- Is it that the power felt by such a person when standing before people who treat him as a tin god results in a loss of sanity?
- The time is also long overdue to re-examine lifetime appointments of judges, which allows them to act like little tin gods, at the expense of our freedom and the country's elected government.
- 1.1An object of unjustified veneration or respect.More example sentences
- These are always good questions, but they may be especially powerful when the tin god of Net Worth is looking particularly hollow.
- The final nail in its coffin was the company's absurd decision to kowtow to the tin god of its licensing agreements.
More definitions of tin godDefinition of tin god in:
- The US English dictionary