- Foil made of aluminium or a similar grey metal, used especially for covering or wrapping food: garlic bread wrapped in tinfoilMore example sentences
- Chill the whole cake for 24 hours or - if you intend to freeze it - cover tightly with tinfoil, then plastic wrap and freeze at this stage.
- Served in a double-lined package of greaseproof paper and tinfoil, it had the look of a Christmas present for a cat.
- The bodies and instruments were formed out of paper, tinfoil, foil-backed paper and dowel rods.
More definitions of tinfoilDefinition of tinfoil in:
- The US English dictionary