- A small African barbet with a monotonous metallic call like a hammer striking an anvil, repeated for long periods.
More example sentences
- Genus Pogonulus, family Capitonidae: several species. Alternative name: tinker barbet
- We stayed in a comfortable log cabin under the forest canopy and saw new birds from our stoep - golden rumped tinker barbets, white eared barbets, purple crested louries, yellowbreasted apalis and golden rumped woodpeckers.
- There are 43 species of barbets and tinkerbirds that span the African continent from south of the Sahara.
- Kruwa has fruit trees that in season draw many greenbuls, barbets, tinkerbirds, hornbills, and other birds.