- 1The action of covering or coating something with tin: the board is then ready for drilling and tinningMore example sentences
- About half the applied decoration is champlevé enamel and a further third tinning, a thin coating of a tin-rich alloy covering some or all of the brooch's surface (often erroneously described as silvering).
- Most of the original tinning has been scrubbed away with years of use, but you can see the original red enamel around the logo, and the handle is still bright red, just like a Spong handle should be.
- Additionally, his support of the Homestead Act and the Morrill Land Grant College Act made it easier for farmers to obtain land and further their agricultural tinning.
More definitions of tinningDefinition of tinning in:
- The US English dictionary