noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears.More example sentences
- Sometimes tinnitus is a symptom of a disease, like an ear infection or Meniere's disease.
- This condition has the associated symptoms of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and difficulty with hearing.
- Treatment is based on trying to control the associated symptoms of vertigo, tinnitus and deafness.
mid 19th century: from Latin, from tinnire 'to ring, tinkle', of imitative origin.
More definitions of tinnitusDefinition of tinnitus in:
- The US English dictionary