- 1 (also tipper truck or lorry) A truck having a rear platform which can be raised at its front end, thus enabling a load to be discharged.More example sentences
- He hired a crew of workers who used JCBs, a tipper truck, lorries and floodlighting to remove track from the disused line.
- The impact pushed the Renault into a Volvo tipper truck flipping the car into the air.
- A collision between a car and a tipper lorry which left an elderly York woman driver dead proved that ‘speed kills’, a court heard today.
- 2 [usually with adjective] A person who leaves a specified size of tip: he’s a big tipperMore example sentences
- Ever since I was a waiter I became this really big tipper.
- I mean, you DO have to keep track of who the big tippers are.
- It was a plum job to work on the Flying Scotsman, partly because the Americans liked it and they were big tippers.
- 3A person who dumps waste, especially illegally.More example sentences
- Residents in the area believe the illegal tippers made more than one journey to dump the loads on to the bridge which takes Lady Bridge Lane across to Deane golf course.
- They have teamed up with the council to rummage through bags of rubbish and to record car registration numbers which could pin-point offenders, and so far 80 illegal tippers have been identified.
- They were left shocked at the threat to public safety the illegal tippers were causing.
More definitions of tipperDefinition of tipper in:
- The US English dictionary