Of exceptional strength, size, or power: a series of titanic explosions
More example sentences
- Wilson depicted the struggles of African Americans with a lyrical beauty and captured the lives of those who lived on the edges of the society with a dignity that was worthy of the titanic power of any character in Greek drama.
- For instance, unless an effective Museum of the Deep comes up, the titanic power of the ocean will again become a fading memory in most people's minds.
- This symbolised the titanic battle between the powers of good and evil.
colossal, gigantic, monumental, massive, enormous, terrific, tremendous, fantastic, towering, immense, vast, cosmic, giant, mammoth, elephantine, gargantuan, prodigious, huge, very large, great, substantial, mighty, Herculean, Brobdingnagian
informal jumbo, bumper, monster, stupendous, humongous, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, astronomical, mega
- More example sentences
- In the two stories and one novella, human passions become frighteningly, titanically powerful.
- I doubt if there was a room anywhere in the world that night with more titanically lusted-after people in it.
- Tim pointed out that the wine list was titanically overpriced and deeply unimaginative.