- The chemical element of atomic number 22, a hard silver-grey metal of the transition series, used in strong, light, corrosion-resistant alloys. (Symbol: Ti)More example sentences
- As is the case with steel, titanium is alloyed with other metals to increase its strength.
- Fairly strong bonds of titanium with itself, copper, and steel have been produced.
- Could you add carbon to titanium or vanadium to make them even harder and stronger?
late 18th century: from Titan, on the pattern of uranium.
More definitions of titaniumDefinition of titanium in:
- The US English dictionary