- Of titanium with a lower valency, usually three. Compare with titanic2.More example sentences
- Preferred multivalent metal ions are titanous and vanadous ions where nickel is recovered in a cell.
- From these results it would appear that titanous chloride is most effective with inorganic sulfur.
- It was concluded that the neutral or basic action of titanous oxide was a useful substitute for wustite in the slag.
mid 19th century: from titanium, on the pattern of words such as ferrous.
More definitions of titanousDefinition of titanous in:
- The US English dictionary