(also titi monkey)
noun (plural titis)
- A small forest-dwelling monkey of South America.
More example sentences
- Genus Callicebus, family Cebidae: several species
- Robert Wallace, working for the New York-based Wildlife Conservation Society, was surveying in Bolivia's Madidi national park five years ago when he found what he concluded was a previously unrecorded species of titi monkey.
- Voss played me an interview with a hunter that included the man's evocative imitations of the calls of titi monkeys.
- And a few kilometres away, on the Pacific coast, American tourists sit in resorts, drinking cervezas and taking photos of the titi monkeys playing in a nearby tree.
mid 18th century: from Aymara.