Definition of titillating in English:
Arousing mild sexual excitement or interest; salacious: she let slip titillating details about her clients then came a lot of titillating tabloid speculation
More example sentences
- Sure, crass commercialism has pushed the mainstream media into an obsession with titillating stories about celebrities.
- Yet there is more here than just titillating visuals.
- By the time that same child is 18 years old, approximately 40,000 sexually titillating scenes will have been viewed.
- Example sentences
- The bustier of their cocktail dress unravels dangerously, titillatingly close to the Muslim, Jewish and Christian religious symbols woven into it.
- I am the first to admit that Oshima Nagisa's Gohatto (1999, more literally ‘Against the Law,’ but titillatingly translated for international showings as ‘Taboo’) is a visually beautiful film.
- Or they were collected and retold in such a way as to be more acceptable (though still titillatingly risqué and scandalous) for a non-Native audience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan