noun (plural same or toadfishes)
- Any of a number of fishes with a wide flattened head:
More example sentences
- ● a chiefly bottom-dwelling large-mouthed fish of warm seas that can produce loud grunts (family Batrachoididae: several genera). ● Australian term for pufferfish
- Accordingly, the swimbladder itself is the source of the most complex forms of sound production in many groups (e.g. toadfishes, searobins and flying gurnards).
- You look at this fish that has a face only a mother toadfish could love.
- ‘Understanding the mechanisms of how the toadfish survives these toxins will help us develop therapies for stroke, liver disease, heart attack and brain injury,’ said Perez.
More definitions of toadfishDefinition of toadfish in:
- The US English dictionary