- A gem, fossil tooth, or other stone formerly supposed to have been formed in the body of a toad, and credited with therapeutic or protective properties.More example sentences
- ‘If they arrest you for gambling,’ the pert blonde said abruptly, bringing an armload of toadstones and cat hairballs from the back room, ‘can I run the store?’
- Even in earlier literature toadstones have been mentioned and many myths have been woven around them.
- He says that toadstone appears to be the same rock that is called whinstone in Scotland, and Mandelstein by the Germans, and it is quite similar to the lavas that have been brought back from Vesuvius.
More definitions of toadstoneDefinition of toadstone in:
- The US English dictionary