(also toco toucan)
noun (plural tocos)
- The largest and most familiar South American toucan, with mainly black plumage, a white throat and breast, and a massive black-tipped orange bill.
More example sentences
- Ramphastos toco, family Ramphastidae
- The toco toucan, Ramphastos toco, can cost as much as $6,000.
- As our piloteiro, David Albuquerque, maneuvered an aluminum fishing boat along the tannin-stained Rio Negro, we saw toco toucans and jabiru storks.
late 18th century: via Portuguese from Tupi; compare with toucan.
More definitions of tocoDefinition of toco in:
- The US English dictionary