Definition of toe-curling in English:
Very embarrassing or excessively sentimental: a toe-curling ballad
More example sentences
- The self-satisfaction and smugness of the text is toe-curling and its frequent sickening doses of sentimentality are like being forced-fed chopped liver with chicken fat.
- This is an approximation, the original was even more toe-curling, if you can believe it.
- When we catch up on the phone it's to discuss her latest short-lived conquest, the details of which are usually colourful, sometimes toe-curling and always entertaining.
- Example sentences
- Can we make it really toe-curlingly embarrassing?
- Firstly, why would anybody want to read this sort of toe-curlingly painful stuff for any sustained period of time?
- Most official England anthems are toe-curlingly dreadful while the pre-match piped music at football matches isn't much better.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan