Definition of toenail in English:
1The nail at the tip of each toe.
- The decoration of both toenails and fingernails for aesthetic purposes dates back at least as far as Ancient Egypt, where henna and other products were applied to colour the feet and hands as well as the nails.
- The infection is more likely in toenails than in fingernails.
- Scratching an infected toenail can infect your fingernails.
verb[with object] Back to top
Secure (a piece of wood) by driving a nail through it at an angle.
- The wood is secured by toenailing it to the roof decking.
- Assemble the frieze sections on level ground, and against a straight edge to keep them square, before toenailing them to the 4x4 posts.
- Some of the boards can be face nailed into the long spoke, others must toenailed.
Definition of toenail in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan