Definition of toffee-nosed in English:
Pretentiously superior; snobbish: toffee-nosed creeps who think they’re the same as royalty
More example sentences
- Others view him as the kind of arrogant, toffee-nosed, self-regarding, would-be aristocrat who gives gun-wielding, fly-casting Englishmen abroad in the Highlands a very well-deserved bad name.
- The toffee-nosed neighbours in the series are called Jerry and Margo.
- We're a very friendly, laid-back hunt with nothing toffee-nosed about us at all.
toffee nose noun
- Example sentences
- Of course York is a cut above the ghettos of Doncaster, Sheffield and Harrogate, which sticks its toffee nose in the air while licensing lap dancing clubs.
- In this my watchword is fairness in all things, especially when pushy upper-class women poke their toffee noses in matters which do not concern them, such as the arrangements made by honourable members with regard to their expenses.
Definition of toffee-nosed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan