Pretentiously superior; snobbish: toffee-nosed creeps who think they’re the same as royalty
More example sentences
- Others view him as the kind of arrogant, toffee-nosed, self-regarding, would-be aristocrat who gives gun-wielding, fly-casting Englishmen abroad in the Highlands a very well-deserved bad name.
- The toffee-nosed neighbours in the series are called Jerry and Margo.
- We're a very friendly, laid-back hunt with nothing toffee-nosed about us at all.
toffee nose noun
- More example sentences
- Of course York is a cut above the ghettos of Doncaster, Sheffield and Harrogate, which sticks its toffee nose in the air while licensing lap dancing clubs.
- In this my watchword is fairness in all things, especially when pushy upper-class women poke their toffee noses in matters which do not concern them, such as the arrangements made by honourable members with regard to their expenses.
Definition of toffee-nosed in:
- The US English dictionary