Definition of toile in English:
1An early version of a finished garment made up in cheap material so that the design can be tested and perfected.
- She doesn't work with a toile and although she can sketch, she prefers to dive in and design without one.
- He is holding up the shoe equivalent of a toile, a pre-production model, of his first trainer.
2.1 short for toile de Jouy.
- Also in this bedroom were three pairs of early nineteenth-century French toile curtains with ball fringe.
- You can often find this shade of blue in Oriental carpets and in French toile fabrics.
- During a recent visit to Provence, he stayed in a room decorated completely in red and white toile.
Words that rhyme with toileAmal, Arles, banal, Barisal, Basle, Bhopal, Carl, chorale, corral, dhal, entente cordiale, Escorial, farl, femme fatale, Funchal, gayal, gnarl, halal, Karl, kraal, locale, marl, morale, musicale, Pascal, pastorale, procès-verbal, Provençal, rationale, real, rial, riyal, snarl, Taal, Taj Mahal, timbale, Vaal, Vidal, Waal
Definition of toile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan