1A set of items used in arranging the hair, including a hairbrush, comb, and mirror.
- She received three ‘handsome’ flower vases and a silver timepiece from the matron and nurses and a silver toilet set from the servants and porters.
- In any case, I was armed with bath slippers, my toilet set and an extra towel, so I was fine.
1.1A set of items formerly used in washing and cleaning oneself, including a wash bowl, jug, and chamber pot.
- So, they are going for the more domestic pieces like the jug and bowl sets, or toilet sets for country houses.
- Fragrances were used in great quantity and containers for them were an important part of early toilet sets.
- In 1782 Dodin decorated two pieces of the famous toilet set that Marie Antoinette gave Maria Feodorovna, comtesse du Nord and future empress of Russia, when she visited the manufactory in June 1782.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: toi¦let set
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.