(also tôle /tɔːl/)
Definition of tole in English:
Painted, enamelled, or lacquered tin plate used to make decorative domestic objects: [as modifier]: colourfully painted tole accessories
More example sentences
- Many of our other lawn and garden projects are also popular with tole painters, including our planter collection that consists of a garden wheelbarrow, plump little pig, and dairy cow planter.
- The wall design unfolded like a connect-the-dots drawing; it started with the tole tray and blue-and-white platter, then built up and out from there until a pleasing pattern developed.
- Example sentences
- Inside the restored corn mill we admired a variety of highly decorated canal boats, toleware and artifacts.
- A small French toleware annular lamp stands on the sideboard to the right.
- This white and green toleware mirror was created for the most elegant of dressing tables or powder rooms.