- A small house by a toll gate or toll bridge where money is collected from road users.More example sentences
- In the past the home, built by a retired dragoon guard, has been a pie shop, toll house and communal wash house.
- It was apparently built as a toll house on the old turnpike road between York and Scarborough, and then taken down stone-by-stone and rebuilt a short distance away to take advantage of a better site.
- The Grade II-listed building at Leven, which is built in the shape of a cross, used to be a toll house at the junction of the main roads leading to Hull, Beverley, Bridlington and Hornsea.
More definitions of toll houseDefinition of toll house in:
- The US English dictionary