noun[mass noun] • informal , • dated
- Nonsense; rubbish: did you ever hear such awful tommyrot?More example sentences
- The idea that someone can't appreciate the immigrant experience just because they happen to be a billionaire, she said, is ‘tommyrot.’
- Any attempt by the Tories to suggest repeal of the Act ratifying the Constitution will be shouted down as xenophobic or isolationist or some other such tommyrot.
- Expect an explosion of meaningless tommyrot of an unprecedented magnitude on the red carpet.
More definitions of tommyrotDefinition of tommyrot in:
- The US English dictionary