A popular name for any of a number of small active songbirds:
- ● British The blue tit. ● NZ The black-and-white New Zealand tit (Petroica macrocephala, family Eopsaltridae). ● Australian The yellow-tailed thornbill (Acanthiza chrysorrhoa, family Acanthizidae).
More example sentences
- In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.
- There are fernbirds and tomtits that should also return.
- The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.
Definition of tomtit in:
- The US English dictionary