- A popular name for any of a number of small active songbirds:
More example sentences
- ● British the blue tit. ● NZ the black-and-white New Zealand tit (Petroica macrocephala, family Eopsaltridae). ● Australian the yellow-tailed thornbill (Acanthiza chrysorrhoa, family Acanthizidae).
- In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.
- There are fernbirds and tomtits that should also return.
- The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.
More definitions of tomtitDefinition of tomtit in:
- The US English dictionary