- One ton of goods carried one mile, as a unit of traffic.More example sentences
- This is a probable decrease in the cost of maintenance per 1,000 gross ton-miles of traffic movement.
- Spatial networks are invariably ignored with output treated as single homogeneous measures such as ton-miles.
- They estimate that trucks generate about 45% of all ton-miles associated with the carriage of agricultural products and carry about 66% of the transported agricultural tonnage.
More definitions of ton-mileDefinition of ton-mile in:
- The US English dictionary