adjective[attributive] British • informal
- 1(Of a person) fond of travelling at high speed.More example sentences
- In other words, if some ton-up car thief decides he's going to put people's lives at risk, he'd better make sure I don't get close enough to ram him off the road.
- 2Achieving a score of 100 or more: Derby’s ton-up strikerMore example sentences
- Poppleton Ponds is in brilliant form with many ton-up hauls being taken by mid-week pleasure anglers.
- Thierry Henry joined Dennis Bergkamp as a member of Arsenal's ton-up club as the reigning champions re-established a five-point lead at the top of the Premiership.
- The ‘method’ should be a real killer on this water and ton-up bags are well within reach.