- 1An astringent liquid applied to the skin to reduce oiliness and improve its condition: if your skin is oily, use a gentle toner [mass noun]: cleanse your face and take off any residue with tonerMore example sentences
- Essential oils can be used in making homemade lotions, facial toners, shampoos, perfumes, soaps, shower gels, and other natural products.
- Alcohol-based astringents and toners can make skin even drier.
- Choose a toner appropriate for your skin type, and look for toners without alcohol, colors or artificial fragrance.
- 2A device or exercise for making a specified part of the body firmer and stronger: a tummy tonerMore example sentences
- The facility also includes a sauna, running machines, exercise bikes, steppers and a selection of weights and toners.
- But there is a drawback for those hoping it's possible to shape up without punishing gym sessions, simply by relaxing in front of the television while a toner does all the work.
- 3A black or coloured powder used in xerographic copying processes: a high-definition toner for colour photocopying machines [mass noun]: the printer needs paper or toner [as modifier]: the toner cartridgeMore example sentences
- Mono printers generally use a single photocopier-type cartridge of black powdered toner.
- I was doing a large amount of photocopying in the last half of my day at the software company, and the photocopier ran out of toner.
- Coloured inks are more expensive than black toner and colour printers use powder, liquid or solid inks depending on the printing process.
- 3.1 [usually with adjective or noun modifier] A chemical bath for changing the colour or shade of a photographic print, especially as specified: sepia or blue tonersMore example sentences
- After toning in sepia or brown toner, treat prints for 2 to 5 minutes in working solution.
- This is definitely a factor in the final print color, even after toning in selenium and brown toner.
- Selenium remains the most popular toner among fine art photographers.
More definitions of tonerDefinition of toner in:
- The US English dictionary