- A loud or severe scolding: the incensed boss gave him a tongue-lashingMore example sentences
- On Thursday, the coach's 10 o'clock training session was delayed by an hour as he gave his men a severe tongue-lashing about their behaviour the previous evening.
- If the agreement is broken, the miscreant can expect a severe tongue-lashing from the other riders.
- I had to bite my tongue not to give him a tongue-lashing.
More definitions of tongue-lashingDefinition of tongue-lashing in:
- The US English dictionary