- 2An instrument for measuring the pressure in a part of the body, such as the eyeball (to test for glaucoma) or a blood vessel.More example sentences
- It is imperative to understand the effect of enteral feeding on measurements obtained via a gastric tonometer so that nutritional support can be optimized when this monitoring technique is used.
- Sometimes the tonometer is placed directly against the eyeball and pressure is applied in order for a reading to be taken.
- A blue light from the head of the tonometer is then held against the eye to measure pressure in the eye.
More definitions of tonometerDefinition of tonometer in:
- The US English dictionary