- A membrane which bounds the chief vacuole of a plant cell.More example sentences
- However, these cells had a continuous layer of smooth plasma membrane, and central vacuoles had distinct tonoplasts.
- MIPs are abundant proteins localized to the plasma membrane, the tonoplast, or other endomembranes of plant cells.
- The tonoplast of K. daigremontiana mesophyll cells exhibits circadian behaviour of malate retention under constant darkness.
late 19th century: from Greek tonos 'tension, tone' + plastos 'formed'.
More definitions of tonoplastDefinition of tonoplast in:
- The US English dictionary