noun (plural tonsillectomies)
- A surgical operation to remove the tonsils: he did tonsillectomies, at a rate of two or four a week [mass noun]: tonsillectomy is a straightforward operation in childrenMore example sentences
- Her surgical history included a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy.
- If your sleep apnoea is caused by large tonsils and/or adenoids, these can be removed in a simple operation called a tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy.
- Most still perform a tonsillectomy the way they were taught in residency - using an electrocautery device - and are very satisfied with the results.
More definitions of tonsillectomyDefinition of tonsillectomy in:
- The US English dictionary