Definition of tonsorial in English:
adjectiveformal or humorous
Relating to hairdressing: she’d had her customary go at me over tonsorial neglect
More example sentences
- I envy the youth of today, who never had to live through an era of such tonsorial, not to say sartorial, horrors.
- Those who know me will know I don't pay much attention to matters tonsorial.
- A few of the bolder women stroke the hair of the blondes in our group - the people who live along the Siang are South-East Asian in appearance, and lack variety on the tonsorial front.
- [as submodifier]: a tonsorially flamboyant gangsterMore example sentences
- During my more tonsorially experimental phases, I noted with interest that the levels of attention I would get from in-store security staff depended on the colour of my hair.
- The fact that he is British and shaven headed may be of some comfort to, say, the tonsorially elegant Antipodean, but frankly, does it matter?
- I was just wondering why women should think that bald men were more intelligent than those of us not tonsorially challenged.
Words that rhyme with tonsorialaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, reportorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
Definition of tonsorial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.